Friday, June 12, 2009

Paradise?






When you plant flowers ...you can create your own little paradise! I am so grateful that I have had this small piece of land and the opportunity to do so. What a blessing . When I am in my garden, I often think of Celia Thaxter and her writings and sentiments about her beloved flowers in her book "An Island Garden" .
The way she talks about each flower with such poetic verse and love amazes me. I especially love her detailed explanation of poppies ,her delicate description of each painted petal is so sweet. She talks about every flower in her garden with love and admiration , as well as the song birds, and toads that serenade the days and nights away. I would recommend the reading of this lovely book to anyone who deeply loves the garden.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: