Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hoping for Holly hocks




Ok ... I just cannot wait until my Holly Hocks come!!!!!
They are so lovely and loyal! They just keep coming and coming, and their blooms are so generous even in our climate's unforgiving heat of the summer . What other beautiful flower will just keep blooming when so many are hiding their little faces waiting for cooler temperatures? I do however have to keep picking them so they do not go to seed and quit blooming. I also love photographing the giant bumblebees that adore these huge blossoms! well the plants are nice and green now and are just waiting to send up their sturdy stocks. I do like to pinch the first few buds off of the top to encourage full bushy stocks , and to discourage extremely tall spindly ones!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: