Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a Robin kind of day!!!!

For as long as I can remember a robin has been the first sign of spring!!!!
And here He is in all of his glory!!! I don't know about you ...but I am thrilled
and have been anticipating the arrival of Spring for many weeks! I have been in my garden working...and there is oh so much work to do! But... I have enjoyed it , and have many plans for the yard this year...( of course I always do!) I have planted Forgetmenots (chinese, and Blue Bird), Shirley Poppies, Candytuft, Bachelors Buttons, HollyHocks , Snap Dragons and Larkspur ! I really hope that something comes up!!!!! Lately, my Forgetmenots have "forgot" to come up.... very frustrating!!! I also plan to plant a few more roses! I just adore my roses. I especially like the David Austin roses , and I usually have to send away for those. One of the ones I really have my eye on this year is; "The Generous Gardener" strange name, but a very Beautiful rose!!!!!!!! Another is "Katheryn Morley" a beautiful rose.
I also plan to visit my favorite nursery...and purchase some beautiful annuals! I will also plant some seeds, but I am sure I will want some back up ,in case my seedlings don't work.....
One of my most favorite flowers is Nicotiana..."Sylvestris" which is a tall white "JASMINE SCENTED" variety which is just breath takingly BEAUTIFUL!!!! As far as I know you have to mail order those seeds too! I really have to hurry with that!!!!! WEll!!! Happy Gardening every one... and Happy ST. Patricks Day! Maybe if we plant today we will have extra good luck???
Posted by Picasa

No comments: